It is the end of the gardening season and the Town of Farmington reminds all gardeners that it is your responsibility to clean out your plot by October 26, 2018.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for Clean-Up Day- October 27, 2018
To volunteer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
CLEAN UP PROCEDURES FOR GARDENERS:
*PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE PLOT MARKING STAKES*
ITEMS TO REMOVE:
- All plastic (including ground coverings such as plastic fabric)
- All fencing (including wood, plastic, metal, etc.)
- All wood
- All metal (including metal posts and stakes) especially all metal staples used to hold down ground cover
- All string, (including string fences) rope, twine, cloth used to tie up plants
- All trash
- All trellis and tomato cages
Dumping and/or storage of any gardening materials (i.e. stakes, barrels and sticks) along the river is strictly prohibited. You may place the material at the four corners of the Kolp Community plots and the Town will pick up.
The (4) numbered Town stakes that identify your garden plot.
Note: If it is determined that your garden plot has not been fully cleaned out by October 26, you will be ineligible to rent a plot next year.
Please remember that this is a community program and it is imperative that we have your cooperation to ensure the continued success of this program.
Questions? Please email email@example.com or call the Town Manager's Office at 860.675.2350.