Community & Recreational Services
"The Community and Recreational Services Department continues its mission to manage resources, provide wholesome programming and coordinate opportunities to achieve creative solutions for a healthy community."
Visit us on Facebook!
- Registrations are accepted online, via mail and in-person at one of the following locations.
- Community & Recreational Services, Staples House, 2 Monteith Drive, Farmington, CT
- Farmington Recreation, 1 Depot Place, Unionville, CT
- Credit Cards: All major credit cards are accepted online or in-person.
- Cash and Checks are accepted via mail and in-person.
- All programs, classes, leagues, etc. are filled on a first come, first served basis.
- Participants will be notified only if a class is filled and your name has been placed on the wait list or if a class has been cancelled. Unless you are notified, please assume that you are enrolled in the class in which you are registered.
- Fees may not be prorated for participants registering after the start of the first class.
- Financial Assistance Program: Farmington residents may qualify for a reduction in the cost of a program based upon the Federal Income Poverty Guidelines. An Eligibility Application Form needs to be completed and verified to qualify for a scholarship.
- Deferred Payment Plan: If you are unable to make a payment-in-full at the time of registration, arrangements can be made with the Recreation Supervisor, Geoffrey Porter by calling 860.675.2540.
Program Cancellation Policy
- Farmington Recreation reserves the right to cancel any program due to low enrollment numbers. Please register early!
- Two business days prior to the start date for each program, a decision will be made to cancel or run a program. If cancelled, you will be notified by Farmington Recreation and will have the option of transferring to another activity or obtaining a full credit or refund.
- Farmington Recreation reserves the right to combine or divide classes, to change the time, date, and location and to make other revisions in these offerings, which may become necessary.
- Every effort will be made to make up classes. However, activities cancelled due to circumstances beyond the control of Farmington Recreation will not be made up or refunded.
- Program cancellation due to inclement weather will be announced on CBS Channel 3 Eyewitness News First Alert and NBC Connecticut 30. Farmington Recreation programs follow the school cancellation policy. If school is cancelled or dismissed early then all Farmington Recreation programs will be cancelled.
- Refunds for non-team sports programs, minus a $10.00 processing fee [except where indicated], may be granted when requested up to three business days prior to the start of the program.
- Refunds for sports leagues such as soccer, basketball and other team sports may not granted after team rosters, practice schedules and/or game schedules have been announced unless Farmington Recreation can find a substitute participant.
- Once the decision has been made to run a particular program, no refund will be given unless Farmington Recreation can find a substitute, or if there is a medical emergency. Refunds will be issued for medical emergencies when accompanied by a physician's note.
- Absolutely no refunds will be given for any used portion of a program.
- All refunds will follow the Finance Department's bill paying schedule. There will be no cash refunds. Please allow two - four weeks to process a refund.
- Because of the above policy, it is requested that careful consideration be given to registering for any program offered by Farmington Recreation.
Farmington Community & Recreational Services provides inclusion services for individuals with disabilities at no additional cost to the registrant, although for some programs, you may want to bring along an individual who will be responsible for assisting you in your participation.
If you or a family member has a disability and want to request a reasonable modification in order to participate in a program, please complete your registration and our Inclusion Assessment Form and submit to Recreation Supervisor, Geoffrey Porter at firstname.lastname@example.org. The ideal amount of time for an accommodation request is at least four weeks prior to the program or class start date. We will make every effort to accommodate any request regardless of time constraints, however providing program accommodations for a drop-in program or last minute registration may not be possible. Inclusion services may include additional training for staff members, program adaptations, modified equipment, and when necessary, an inclusion companion to assist the registrant within the program.
Recreation Scholarship Fund & Donations
- During today's hard economic times, we realize that there may be Farmington residents who cannot afford the fees for Farmington Recreation programs. A Recreation Scholarship Fund has been established to assist Town residents who are experiencing financial difficulties. You can help support the Scholarship Fund by adding $1.00 (or more) to your registration fees. This donation will go directly into the Recreation Scholarship Fund. Thank you for your support.