Town-wide Bulk Waste Collection Service:
During the week of October 16-20, 2017, all Farmington residents who have trash collection by the Town’s contractor (Waste Material Trucking Company) are invited to leave their bulk items curbside the night before their regular collection day. Separate bulk trucks will pick up tires; appliances and metal items. These items should be separated from regular bulk items and four feet (4’) from the Town of Farmington approved Trash and Recycling Carts. Small bulk items should be bundled, boxed or bagged. Tires should be removed from their rims. The weight for all acceptable items is limited to the manual lifting by two persons. Six feet (6’) is the maximum length.
***Mark your calendar*** The next Town-wide Bulk Waste Collections will be as follows:
October 16-20, 2017
ACCEPTABLE ITEMS – LIMITED to 2 PER HOUSEHOLD
- Large Furniture: 2 MAX - i.e. Couches, over-stuffed chairs, box springs and mattresses (a mattress and a box spring are considered 1 piece of large furniture and they MUST BE KEPT DRY FOR RECYCLING PURPOSES).
- Appliances: 2 MAX - Doors must be removed.
- Tires and Rims: 2 MAX - Car and bicycle tires only. Tires must be removed from rims.
- Plumbing Fixtures: 2 MAX - i.e. Sinks, tubs and toilets.
OTHER ACCEPTABLE ITEMS:
- Carpet/padding: Must be rolled, and taped or tied.
- Smaller pieces of furniture.
- Misc. Household Items: MAXIMUM OF 10 BAGS
- Weight for all acceptable items is limited to manual lifting by two (2) persons.
- Length for all acceptable items is limited to six (6) feet.
- NO RECYCLABLE MATERIALS:i.e. cardboard, rigid plastics items such as toys, buckets, coolers, etc.
- NO Building Materials: i.e. shingles, sheetrock, brick, stone, concrete, ceramic tile, or wood flooring.
- NO Lumber
- NO Plywood
- NO Pallets
- NO Stumps or Lawn Debris
- NO Motor Vehicle Parts or Batteries
- NO Propane Tanks
- NO Televisions, Computers (desktop or laptop), Monitors, Printers, or Keyboards
- NO Hazardous Waste Products
- NO Paint (latex or oil-based)
Additional information can be found on our Town website at www.farmington-ct.org. Any questions or concerns please contact the Farmington Highway & Grounds Division of Public Works @: 860-675-2550.