What are the voting hours on Election Day?The polls are open from 6 AM to 8 PM.
Am I registered to vote in Farmington?
Users must be aware that occasional special conditions can force changes in polling places. For the most up to date location, voters should check with their town offices and local registrar of voters.
What are the voter registration requirements?
You must be (1) a U.S. citizen, (2) a resident of Farmington, (3) at least 17 years old (you can vote when you turn 18), and (4) if previously convicted of a felony, have completed sentence and had rights restored by Registrar. The last day to register is normally two weeks before an election. Please note that notifying DMV of a change of address does not automatically change your voter registration.
How do I register to vote?
- On-line Voter Registration is now available
- In person - at Town Hall, Mon-Fri., 8:30am - 4:30pm, either in the Registrar's office or the Town Clerk's office.
- By mail - cards are available at both libraries and at social service agencies; also on the information table in the front of Town Hall.
- By a mail-in card furnished when renewing driver's license with DMV.
- In person - at any other City Hall or Town Hall in the state.
- Click here for the Voter Registration Form. Once completed, either bring to the Registrars of Voters at Town Hall or mail to:
REGISTRARS OF VOTERS
FARMINGTON TOWN HALL
1 MONTEITH DRIVE
FARMINGTON, CT 06032-1053
Do I qualify to receive an absentee ballot?
If you are seeking an absentee ballot, any qualified registered voter may vote using an absentee ballot for the following reasons:
- Illness or physical disability
- Absence from town during all election hours
- Religious beliefs forbidding secular activity on election day
- Serving as an election official at a polling place other than your own
- Active service in the Armed Forces.
The Town Clerk is responsible for supervising, distributing and counting of absentee ballots. Please visit the Town Clerk's office for an application for an absentee ballot or click here. You may either mail the absentee ballot to Town Clerk, 1 Monteith Drive, Farmington, CT 06032 OR you may fax it to (860) 675-2389.
Where are the polling places in town?
- District 1, Precinct 1, 2, 3, 4 - Irving Robbins Middle School, 20 Wolf Pit Rd., Farmington
- District 1, Precinct 5 - West Woods Upper Elementary School, 50 Judson Lane, Farmington
- District 2, Precinct 6 - Community/Senior Center, 321 New Britain Ave., Unionville
- District 2, Precinct 7 - Municipal Campus (High School, Library or Town Hall), Monteith Drive, Farmington