Charge of the Committee at the July 10, 2018 Town Council Meeting
- The Committee will develop recommendations to the Town Council regarding the future use of the Parson’s property including ownership, control and use.
- If Town Council determines ownership is in the best interest of the Town of Farmington, the Committee will identify the steps necessary to transfer the property from the State of CT to the Town of Farmington in the most expeditious and cost-effective manner and report back to the Town Council on their recommendations.
- If the property is transferred to the Town of Farmington, the Committee will follow up on the successful planning workshops conducted in 2015, review the findings and listen to the community to understand the types of uses for the Parsons property which would enhance the Village and report back to the Town Council on its findings.
- Based on those findings and direction from the Town Council, the Committee will conduct a process to identify a preferred developer to partner with the Town to secure and develop the Parsons property in a manner which complements the historic buildings and the historic district and defines the most prominent entry into Farmington as a place of high quality, beauty, and character.
- The Committee will recommend the preferred Developer to the Town Council for approval. Based on that approval the preferred Developer will work with the Committee on the Proposal which would then proceed through the Town Plan and Zoning process and subsequently be approved by the Town Plan and Zoning Commission.
The Committee will recommend quality of life enhancements (sidewalks, street trees, landscaping, street furniture, historic markers, way finding signage and universal design improvements) for the Farmington Village Center Study area.
To complete the various aspects of this charge the Committee will frequently conduct public participation/community outreach to ensure that the community is engaged in the process.
Based on the community outreach the Committee is encouraged to propose other recommendations to the Town Council or Town Plan and Zoning Commission for the Farmington Study area based on information gathered.