CALLING ALL FARMINGTON RESIDENTS!
"Pitch in" at our 22nd annual
SATURDAY, April 27, 2019
8am to 1pm
Enter a team and compete in the "Heaviest Haul" Competition
To volunteer to clean up one of the many "dirty spots" in town sign up at
WINNERS will be recognized in five categories:
THE DAY OF THE CLEANUP:
Check in, pick up trash bags, gloves and refreshments, and drop off your collected trash at any of the four official locations:
|Farmington Firehouse||76 Main St., Farmington|
|Farmington Main Library||6 Monteith Dr., Farmington|
|Tunxis Hose Firehouse||11 School St,. Unionville|
|Tunxis Mead Athletic Fields Gazebo||80 Tunxis Mead Rd., Farmington|
Sponsored by the Town of Farmington Green Efforts Commission With contributions from:
* Dunkin Donuts of Unionville * Farmington Miniature Golf & Ice Cream Parlor * * Four Eat & Drink * Georges Pizza * Highland Park Market * Naples Pizza * * Stop & Shop of Unionville * Taprock Beer Bar and Refuge *
For more information: 860-677-6094
2016 Annual Clean Up Day Results:
The Town of Farmington Green Efforts Committee is excited to announce the results of the 2016 Annual Clean-Up Day. Over 300 people participated in the April 30th event, making this event the most successful clean-up event to date in Farmington!
Approximately 5,000 pounds of garbage was collected and removed from Farmington parks, roadside and rivers. The Heaviest Haul Competition Winners are as follows:
- Civic Organizations: Pack 68- 601 pounds
- School Groups, Youth Sports Teams: FHS Crew Team- 1180 pounds & Miss Porter’s- 749 pounds
- Businesses: EBM-Papst Inc.- 382 pounds
- Families and Individuals: Steve and Diane Nelson- 471 pounds
A huge thank you to the Town of Farmington Highway Department; our prize donors: The Gallery Salon, George’s Pizza, 4 Restaurant, Highland Park Market, Naples Pizza, Parson’s Hardware and Whole Foods Market; Cub Pack 68; and all weigh-in site volunteers. We sincerely appreciate your commitment to keep Farmington clean and beautiful.