CALLING ALL FARMINGTON RESIDENTS!
"Pitch in" at our 21st annual
SATURDAY, April 21st, 2018
8am to 1pm
Enter a team and compete in the "Heaviest Haul" Competition
To volunteer to clean up one of the many "dirty spots" in town sign up at http://tinyurl.com/FarmingtonCleanup
WINNERS will be recognized in five categories:
THE DAY OF THE CLEANUP:
Check in, pick up trash bags, gloves and refreshments, and drop off your collected trash at any of the four official locations:
|Farmington Firehouse||76 Main St., Farmington|
|Farmington Main Library||6 Monteith Dr., Farmington|
|Tunxis Hose Firehouse||11 School St,. Unionville|
|Tunxis Mead Athletic Fields Gazebo||80 Tunxis Mead Rd., Farmington|
Sponsored by the Town of Farmington Green Efforts Commission With contributions from:
* Dunkin Donuts of Unionville * Farmington Miniature Golf & Ice Cream Parlor * * Four Eat & Drink * Georges Pizza * Highland Park Market * Naples Pizza * * Stop & Shop of Unionville * Taprock Beer Bar and Refuge *
For more information: 860-677-6094
2016 Annual Clean Up Day Results:
The Town of Farmington Green Efforts Committee is excited to announce the results of the 2016 Annual Clean-Up Day. Over 300 people participated in the April 30th event, making this event the most successful clean-up event to date in Farmington!
Approximately 5,000 pounds of garbage was collected and removed from Farmington parks, roadside and rivers. The Heaviest Haul Competition Winners are as follows:
- Civic Organizations: Pack 68- 601 pounds
- School Groups, Youth Sports Teams: FHS Crew Team- 1180 pounds & Miss Porter’s- 749 pounds
- Businesses: EBM-Papst Inc.- 382 pounds
- Families and Individuals: Steve and Diane Nelson- 471 pounds
A huge thank you to the Town of Farmington Highway Department; our prize donors: The Gallery Salon, George’s Pizza, 4 Restaurant, Highland Park Market, Naples Pizza, Parson’s Hardware and Whole Foods Market; Cub Pack 68; and all weigh-in site volunteers. We sincerely appreciate your commitment to keep Farmington clean and beautiful.