Approved January 14, 2009
For the Town Council and Board of Education to Establish a Joint Environmental Task Force to Examine and Recommend opportunities and Initiatives that may Provide Municipal and Board of Education Cost Savings, Increase Public Awareness and Encourage Town and Board of Education Participation in “Green” Efforts with the Following Charges:
- Increase public awareness and municipal participation in “green” efforts including energy conservation, renewable resources, recycling, and other environmentally friendly practices.
- Establish a leadership role in the community in promoting environmentally friendly practices in town.
- Explore ways to fund “green” initiatives.
- Participate in the Connecticut Clean Energy Fund’s 20% x 2010 Clean Energy campaign and serve as the Energy Task Force as required for participation in the Environmental Protection Agency’s (New England) Community Energy Challenge.
- To make recommendations to the Town Council and Board of Education for cost effective ways to reduce the Town’s reliance on traditional energy resources.
- Find ways to facilitate private initiatives.
To Appoint the Following Members to the Sub-Committee:
Mike Clark Chair, Town Council Member
Donald Perrault, Town Council Member
Bill Wadsworth, Town Council Member
Webster Grouten, Resident
Kathryn Perry, Resident
Mark Quallen, Resident
John Hinze, Resident
Ronald Janeczko, Board of Education Member
Jon Landry, Board of Education Member
Vignesh Kumar, Farmington High School Student
Emily Quallen, Farmington High School Student
The Following Non-Voting Members:
Kathleen A. Eagen, Town Manager
Erica Robertson, Assistant Town Manager
Elizabeth Dolphin, Assistant Town Planner
Michael Ryan, School Business Administrator
Tim Harris, Director of School Facilities
William Kaminski, WPCF Superintendent
That the Committee report back to the Town Council and Board of Education on a quarterly basis.