Simple Recycling Update
Simple Recycling has been running for just over a month. Thank you to everyone who has used the pink bags to recycle their textiles!
There have been some growing pains with the Simple Recycling program since it's inception last month. Missed pickups and not leaving new pink bags have been the most common issues we've heard. We believe that these issues have been corrected. Please continue to use your pink bags and if you experience any issues at all, please don’t hesitate to contact the Town Hall at 860-675-2300.
- Place your bags next to your recycling bin. Please don’t put your Simple Recycling bag on top of your recycling bin. The regular recycling truck is delayed if they must get out of the truck to move the bag.
- Make sure you check your recycling week. We have noticed that some folks are putting Simple Recycling out on non-recycling weeks.
- If you re using a non-pink bag, please mark it clearly with a piece of paper etc., so that the hauler knows it's Simple Recycling and not trash. Drivers have been confused at times.
- Your bag must be out early, the night before preferably, so that the recycling hauler can tell Simple Recycling that there is a pick up needed.
- Report any missed pick ups to Town Hall: 860-675-2300.