Town of Farmington Recreation Programs, Fields and Facilities – Status as of 6/2/2020
- All athletic fields are closed to organized activities.
- All basketball courts are closed.
- All playgrounds, playscapes, swing sets, and other children’s activity equipment are closed at all town parks, pocket parks, and on school grounds.
- Parks and trails are currently open, for passive recreation only. Please continue to practice social distancing.
- Tennis courts are open, except Sundays, June 7th – 28th, from 12:30 – 5:00 pm, for Farmington Recreation sponsored tennis lessons (registration required). Please continue to practice social distancing.
- West Woods Golf Course is currently open. Please continue to practice social distancing.
**Due to concerns related to the COVID-19 Coronavirus, all current (in-session) Farmington Recreation sponsored programs and those with a start date up to and including May 21, 2020 are cancelled or delayed. Individual program updates were sent out on or about March 18 to registered participants. Additional individual program updates will be sent to registered participants from email@example.com as we approach the original start dates. Please understand that representatives from Farmington Community & Recreational Services are meeting regularly with representatives from the Farmington Valley Health District and the best interest of our community members and participants remains at the center of our decision-making.
**Effective Monday, March 23, 2020 Town facilities are CLOSED to the public, except for the Town Clerk’s Office (please call 860-675-2380 in advance). Town Staff will continue to work on site or remotely during normal operating hours. Residents are advised to interact with the Town online, via email, over the phone, or though US Mail. A secure drop box has been placed in the Town Hall lobby for the public to leave documents for Town Departments.
**On March 16, 2020, a State of Emergency for the Town of Farmington was declared, and the Emergency Operations Center was partially opened. The declaration will allow the Town to seek reimbursement for costs associated with COVID-19 in the event this is identified as a federal emergency.
* Effective Friday, March 13, 2020 at 5:00 PM, the Farmington Libraries are closed until further notice. Book drops are open and due dates have been extended until April 15th. There will be no fines during their closure.
**Due to concerns around the Coronavirus and following guidance from the Farmington Valley Health District and the CDC, the Farmington Community & Senior Center will be canceling all programs and activities until further notice. Dial-A-Ride will be available for medical appointments and/or food shopping only.
EXCL will be closed starting Tuesday, March 17th.
Visit the Farmington Public Schools COVID-19 website for school related updates.