Person-to-person spread of the virus is thought to occur mainly via respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes. Take these everyday preventative actions to help stop the spread of germs:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover you cough or sneeze with a tissue, then dispose of the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Avoid shaking hands; instead wave, touch elbows, or just say hello.
The Town of Farmington will continue to monitor this situation very closely. We also regularly monitor guidance and updates from the CDC and the World Health Organization regarding recommended precautions and actions.
- For general questions call 2-1-1 for the Coronavirus Info Center or text "CTCOVID" to 898211. The 2-1-1 hotline is available 24 hours a day.
- Anyone experiencing symptoms is strongly urged to contact their medical provider to seek treatment.