Town of Farmington Fire Department
The Town of Farmington Fire Cadet Program is open to students between 14 and 17 years of age who live in the Town of Farmington or, if a resident of a neighboring town, live within five driving miles of a Town of Farmington Fire Station to which the member will regularly respond.
The goal of the Fire Cadet Program is to attract high school students between 14 - 17 to the Volunteer Fire Service by providing them with quality training and increasingly responsible duties in the Fire Service. Cadets in Farmington train alongside the firefighters from all over the Town in various subjects related to Firefighting, Rescue and EMS. Cadets also receive training in CPR and First Aid.
- Each Fire Cadet and his or her parents / legal guardians shall be given an orientation before being
invited to become members of the Fire Cadet Program
- A person who is interested in becoming a member of the Fire Cadet Program shall complete an application and have his or her Parent / Legal Guardian sign the Permission Form.
- In order to become a Town of Farmington Fire Cadet, the application must then be approved by the Cadet Coordinator and the Chief of Station to which the Cadet will most likely respond.
- Consistent with Farmington High School’s eligibility requirement for athletics, Fire Cadets must
maintain an academic average of 60% or higher and cannot have more than one “F”. Also, To remain eligible for participation, each Cadet shall remain enrolled in school until graduation from
the twelfth grade.
- The completed application, as well as the Parental Permission form, shall be sent to the Director of Fire & Rescue Services and will then be processed by the Farmington Town Manager’s Office.
Those interested can contact:
Director of Fire & Rescue Services Steve Hoffmann at 860-675-2322 or HoffmannS@Farmington-CT.org
Cadet Coordinator Mike Vibert - email@example.com
Application and additional forms can be accessed via the hyperlink below: