Charge of the Committee pertaining to Committee Recommendations:
- Based on the community outreach, the Committee is encouraged to propose other recommendations to the Town Council or Town Planning and Zoning Commission, for the Farmington study area, based on information gathered.
Studies to date:
- September 12, 2019 - Farmington Village Center Meeting - Pathway to Parson's Working Draft Approved
- July 9, 2019 - Town Council Approves Final Streetscape Master Plan
- Improve the landscaping and visual interest of the major new traffic island at the Main Street/Route 4 intersection. This treatment will include the introduction of public art as a visual element amongst new plantings, including perennials and grasses.
- Develop a walking tour map that highlights key historical building/sites, destinations, and features in the study area. This map will build off of previously prepared maps, with various themes, to provide one unified map that can be provided to visitors and residents alike.
Where can I find the BSC Group’s documents related to the Farmington Village Center Streetscape Improvement plan?The documents can be found on BSC Group's SharePoint website. Click here to access the site.
Will the new signs the State installed that obstruct people walking on the sidewalk be removed?All signs placed within the travel way of the sidewalk will be reviewed. Unnecessary signs will be removed and required signs will be modified to clear the travel way.
Will there be better landscaping and flowers planted?Yes, the Town is committed to the beautification of this gateway and the Committee has established a Quality of Life sub 'committee to determine the most appropriate landscape and gateway features. It is anticipated that the sub-committee will be retaining a landscape architecture firm to advise the Town.